Saturday, November 28, 2009

Marko Haavisto & Poutahaukat - "Lamppu palaa" (2002) & "Kunpa Tietäisitkin" (2004)

I haven't posted any Finnish music in a while, and since I had a request for this (from Chile!) I thought I might as well. Marko Haavisto & Poutahaukat were the Salvation Army Band in Aki Kaurismäki's film "The Man Without a Past". They are classic Suomi Pop, kind of a cross between Topi Sorsakoski & Agents and Laika & The Cosmonauts with a bit of Rock 'n' Roll and Country thrown in.
Of the two albums, "Lamppu palaa" is my favorite, but probably just cos I've had it longer and have listened to it a hundred times. It includes a great cover, in Finnish, of Hank Williams' Ramblin' Man. It's truly a delight to hear the lyrics in the famously complicated Finnish language melifluously snaking around the melody. Even if you don't speak Finnish.

One note: I only have these albums in the iTunes AAC format, which I usually don't post (and is prolly the only reason I haven't posted these before). If you don't have iTunes you will have to convert them with the free Switch program, or similar.
So don't let that be a hindrance. These are great albums. Both HERE in one download.

3 comments:

Katja said...

Many thanks for the music!

Seok said...

thanks! I love this!

Seok said...

thanks! bb