Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kelley Stoltz - "Crockodials" (2006)

This is a track-by-track cover of Echo & The Bunnymen's 1980 debut LP "Crocodiles" (or the U.S. version of it since I don't think the U.K. version had the single Do It Clean). It's not a particularly great record (as opposed to the original); more of a curiosity. Liner notes say it was recorded on an 8-track in 2001, though it was not released until 2006. Some of the songs are pretty faithful renditions, others, like All That Jazz, are more inspired interpretations. Either way, it's obviously a labor of love.
I don't know much about Kelley Stoltz or even how I came to acquire this CD. Prolly cos I was always a pretty big Bunnymen fan and was curious. I do know that it's not on the blogs and goes for big bucks on the interweb sites. So ya might as well get it HERE if you're interested. Or just curious as I was.

3 comments:

L said...

I'm a fan of Kelley Stoltz, but I never knew about this record of his. Great post - thanks so much.

Telegram Sam said...

I've never heard or seen this, so thank you, but if you're lucky enough to come across any of Kelley Stoltz's other records you won't be disappointed. "Between The Branches" is outstanding, with "Circular Sounds" a bit poppier and not far behind in my estimation. Both albums are a hair on the long side, but other than that are among the better records I've heard in the past six years or so. Hope to find more in the future in the few remaining record shops.

habanero06 said...

As an Echo &the B fan, i had never head of that record Txs a milion