Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ween - Radio Sessions 1991 - 1995

Here's a great collection I got off Browntracker, the Ween collector's torrent site. Even being a rabid Ween fan for many, many years I hadn't heard these great versions. Sound is excellent throughout. The folder came with a text file about how it was run through Soundforge and Adobe Audition and whatnot. Good job, too. I was expecting crappy cassette sound like you get from so many unreleased Peel Sessions, with bits of the man himself unceremoniously clipped off. But no, this is pristine stuff. Some versions are significantly different, too, like a very different Push th' Little Daisies which was a delight to hear. And the "Live at The Wireless" thing is a little studio concert with bits of banter between songs ("I need a beer! Gimme a beer!")

So what I downloaded were flacs which I have converted to 320 kbps mp3s for you. If you want the flacs, click on the link above. I also spent about 20 minutes making that nifty cover art up there!

Get it HERE now!

Tracks:
KJJO Wisconsin 1991:
01. Pork Roll Egg and Cheese
02. Push th' Little Daisies

Peel Session 1992:
03. Pork Roll Egg and Cheese
04. Nan
05. Captain Fantasy
06. Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)

Peel Session 1993:
07. What Deaner Was Talkin' About
08. Vallejo
09. Take Me Away
10. Buckingham Green

JJJ Australia Live at The Wireless 1995:
11. Baby Bitch
12. Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
13. Piss Up a Rope
14. Take Me Away
15. I Can't Put My Finger On It
16. Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
17. Koko

No comments: