Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VIDEO: Ween - Live at Court Tavern 1996 (96 min.)

Here's something a bit different for ya! Back in the mid to late 90's I videotaped a lot of shows. Primarily because I had a public access live music show (no "videos"!) in NYC, TV KiLL, weekly for about five years. So I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to get out there. You can see lots of samples I uploaded to Myspace HERE. Feel free to request any complete shows you'd like (I used to have a Youtube channel but the corporate fucks pulled it cos of some stupid PiL video I posted thank you Dick Clark Productions).

This is all new to me, the video ripping and all. So It's a bit of an experiment. This video is an 800 MB m4v file. That means it'll play on your iPod if you're so inclined. It also plays in Quicktime and VLC media Player. I don't know if it'll work with the Windows Media Player cos I have a Mac. I'll try to do a AVI version and post that, too. What I'd really like to do is make uncompressed AVIs, at like 3.5 GB or whatever, but I don't want to have to make like 30 downloads. Having a Mac I seem to be real limited in my RAR options. I downloaded HandBrake to make the files, and it seems to work great. But all I can find to do the RARs is SimplyRAR, and it doesn't seem to want to let me choose my split file sizes. Ideally, I'd like to do just four downloads. It offers several options up to 100 MB and then "User Defined" size, but it doesn't let me define the size! I'm gonna keep researching this and hopefully I'll have it all figured out soon. In the meantime any Mac Techheads wanna leave any helpful advice in the comments section, it'd be much appreciated!

So for now this 800 MB version plays pretty good. The video was originally analog Hi8 format, not digital. Stereo audio and it sounds great. As for the show itself, it was a warm-up for a tour in support of Foo Fighters. Ween had been regularly playing as a full band for about two years at this point, but for whatever reason they reverted to the duo-plus-DAT format of their earlier days for this tour. So that's what we have here. It's a local crowd (not John and Peters in New Hope, but close enough) full of heckling friends etc. As I recall I was shrooming pretty hard by the time they came on and was thus kinda surprised how great this video turned out. Mickey's guitar was loud and rude right in front of my face (you can see how some high notes cause the tape to actually wobble inside the cam!), but it all came out good since I had a real nice external mic (a Sony Professional Walkman accessory).

So if you get this, tell me what you think. Hopefully in a few days I'll have added a link for an AVI version. And at some point down the road a 4-part uncompressed AVI. Like I said, it's all a bit of an experiment for me at this point so any input is greatly appreciated!

Get it HERE.
UPDATE:
Get the AVI file HERE.

Set List:
01. What Deaner Was Talkin' About
02. Don't Shit Where You Eat
03. The Golden Eel
04. The Mollusk
05. Help Me Scrape the Mucus Off My Brain
06. Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
07. Pork Roll Egg and Cheese
08. Piss Up a Rope
09. Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
10. I Can't Put My Finger On It
11. Freedom of '76
12. The HIV Song
13. Mutilated Lips
14. Waving My Dick In the Wind
15. Coco
16. Drifter In the Dark
17. Buckingham Green
18. Buenas Tardes, Amigo
19. Sketches of Winkle
20. Nan
21. Papa Zit
22. Cover It With Gas and Set It On Fire
23. Puerto Rican Power

4 comments:

peccant woolgathering said...

thank you vishnu

rickdog said...

Find more Ween in my mp3blog and forum searches:

HERE
and
HERE

jesse said...

What a great show. I had to get Missy to drive my car home cause i was shroomin so hard.

gclot said...

Thanks for the opportunity to see this I really enjoyed it. It looked good on my tv a bit too dark on my monitor.

Cheers

gclot