Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Half Japanese - "Music To Strip By" (1987 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts)


Not a particularly hard-to-find one, but one I like a lot. Basically I just wanted to type out all those zeros up there, haha. I looked on the back of the record for just how many zeros were in a "skidillion" and apparently there are thirteen groups of three zeros. But wait, on the record label there are twenty-seven groups of three zeros. I guess a skidillion is whatever fits in the space allotted. Which works for me cos I was limited in my space up there...

Umm, the record... It's a 320 vinyl rip for ya. This is pretty easy listening so far as Half Japanese goes and includes their one "hit", U.S. Teens Are Spoiled Bums, a minor college radio staple back then. Also great are Sex At Your Parents' House and the closer, My Sordid Past. Nice, (very) short, nearly perfect pop songs. I really love the old abrasive, squalling Half Japanese but it's hard to argue with perfection. The whole album's good so just get it.

In doing a cursory interweb search to see just how easily available this is (or isn't), I found one other post (but not @ 320 kids. I take care of ya). But it did have this "uncensored" cover art:If you look closely at the photo of my album cover up top you can see that the panties are actually a sticker on the cover! Laugh with hilarity all ye world-wide at the American infantilism that can't have a representation of a vulva that looks like it's made of Lego!
So if you want that one in your iTunes you'll have to drag it over cos it's not in the file).
Get stripped right HERE.

Tracks:
01. Stripping For Cash
02. Thick and Thin
03. Diary
04. Big Mistake
05. Hot Dog and Hot Damn
06. The Price Was Right But the Door Was Wrong
07. Blue Monday
08. U.S. Teens Are Spoiled Bums
09. Point/Counterpoint
10. Sex At Your Parents' House
11. The Last Straw
12. Gator Bait
13. La Bamba
14. Colleen
15. Ouija Board Summons Satan
16. You Must Obey Me
17. Salt and Pepper
18. Ancient Life
19. Silver and Katherine
20. Money To Burn
21. Hidden Charms
22. My Sordid Past

3 comments:

ALTCERF said...

Great post man! Thanks!

dx said...

Excellent! This one's really hard to find.

jaimi said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!