Friday, September 19, 2008

V/A - "Arktinen Hysteria: Suomi-avantgarden esipuutarhureita" (2001 Love Records comp)


So I'm driving around the Fiordland region of the South Island (NZ for non-followers) and I'm amazed at how, at first it's very Alpine (the Southern Alps are a bit to the north) but then, true to it's name, it's very Nordic. At least to me. So before I set out to Milford Sound this morning I loaded this up in the iPod. Buncha crazy Finnish weirdness, somehow appropriate. The weather's been great after enduring a drenching antipodean winter, and the crowds haven't started yet with their "campas" that they can't drive and probably half the time on the wrong side of the road...so I've been really enjoying the time out of the city. New Zealand is very beautiful!

I got this from an online shop in Finland, along with the double-CD sequel which will follow real soon.
I figure it's been a long time since I posted any Finnish stuff and my friends over at Progressive Globe blog must be getting antsy, haha, so here ya go!
A Google search only turns up a bunch of hits for an art exhibit exhibit called "Arctic Hysteria" at P.S.1 in N.Y.C. (L.I.C., actually) which pissed me off that I can't go see it but oh well. Can't do everything. Oh, and it's also a Residents song title so I guess this was all ripped-off them!
Get it HERE.

Tracks:
01. Eleitä kolmelle röyhtäilijälle (M.A. Numminen, Tommi Parko, Pekka Kujanpää)
02. Kaukana väijyy ystäviä (Sähkökvartetti)
03. Hysteriablues (Tommi Parko)
04. Information Explosion, Prologue (Salmenhaara Erkki)
05. Shivers of Pleasure (Blues Section)
06. Antropoidien tanssi (Erkki Kurenniemi)
07. Mikä aika on (Jukka Ruohomäki)
08. Vallankumouksen analyysi (Jouni Kesti & Seppo I. Laine)
09. 3rd Erection (Sperm)
10. 1962 (J.O. Mallander)
11. Kuoleman puutarha live (otteita) (Sperm)
12. Pieni sienikonsertto - A Little Soup for Piano and Orchestra op 46,8 (Pekka Airaksinen)
13. Spirea (S. Albert Kivinen)
Milford Sound, Fiordland, New Zealand, September 19, 2008

No comments: