Tuesday, September 23, 2008

M.A. Numminen - "In English" (1974)


Here's an album by Finnish avant-legend M.A. Numminen in, as the title makes clear, English. If this is a good thing I do not know. To say M.A. is an acquired taste is an understatement. But the first song, American Patrol is loopy fun (and I've even included the loopier Swedish version from the Swedish version of this album. I got that single track off WFMU's great blog ages ago). And it's not even all in English, with one track apparently in German.
Anyway, thought I'd put this up as a companion to the Arctic Hysteria comps and be done with it.
Get it HERE.

Tracks:
01. American Patrol
02. I'm In The Mood For Love
03. Society Rock
04. What The Young Husband Must Remember
05. I Saw Miss Helen In Bath
06. Da-Ga Da-Ga
07. La Donna E Mobile
08. Little Broen Jug
09. When You Wish Upon A Star
10. An Die Musik (To Music)
11. I Sat With My Woman Outside The High House Of Ministry
12. All Of Me
13. I Want To Be Free
14. Wovon Man Nicht Sprechen Kann
15. What Is?

4 comments:

David Snusgrop said...

Haha I grew up listening to this guy... He's nuts.

Maitre D said...

Hi Peter! Thanks for MA Numminen. If You wish to download more of Finnish stuff straight from my pc, go to Soulseek the newest version and find the user Maitre D and do Your downloadings.

Thanks for everything

Maitre D (HarrisonX ProgressiveGlobe)

Herr Ärmel said...

super - - thank you for the presentation of Numminen...

may your days be sunny : Herr Ärmel

Andris from Hungary said...

Thanks a lot for uploading, he is great, i'm so happy i found your blog. Can you upload some of Numminen's newer stuff? For example The Wittgenstein Suite or the Heine-cd? it would be awesome :)