Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I promise you...

...that you will not get mp3s identified only by "Track 1, Track 2, etc". Nor will you get mp3's identified as "Pista 1, Pista 2", cos I don't even know what that means.
...that you will always get mp3s. Not WMAs or AACs or Oggs whatever the hell they are. I will endeavour to supply decent bit rates.
...that I will always use Rapidshare or Megaupload. I will never use those stupid Russian or German sites with pop-up ads and things flying around annoying the shit out of you while you're trying to be Sherlock Holmes and find the fucking download link!
(and really, for the price of one CD -half a CD in New Zealand- you can get 2 months of Rapidshare or Megaupload and download with impunity. Stop being so damn cheap!)
...that you will always get decent artwork. You will not need a magnifying glass.
...that I will not needlessly post stuff readily available elsewhere, and that what I do post will be, as I've said, rare, out-of-print or just ridiculously hard to acquire.
...I will always have something at least somewhat interesting to write about the stuff I post. Whether you read it or not is entirely up to you. I will not plagiarize other's posts (I've seen this), nor will I ever just copy and paste stuff from All Music Guide or idiot record reviewers. Unless to make the point that they are idiots.
...that I will never pretend I am a rock critic.
...THAT I WILL NEVER USE ALL CAPITALS BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE YOU'RE BEING YELLED AT AT LEAST THAT'S HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT PLUS IT'S JUST LAZY. (But I am a firm believer in creative punctuation so there).
...NO passwords. I'm sure people have perfectly good reasons to use passwords on their blog posts, but I sure as hell don't know what they are. Passwords blow.
...that if you use iTunes, the mp3s will go seemlessly into it, cos that's what I use. So no one line all-info-in-the-title info for you to clean up.
...that if you leave me a retarded comment about ripping artists off I will rip you a new one.
...that if you are an artist that I have posted, and/or the copyright holder, and this can be verified, and you object to my post, and you ask me nicely, I will probably most likely consider taking it down and will not get into a big email spat on internet music philosophies cos that bores me. And I won't even hate you. Probably.
...that I am doing this to spread the love of the music I love, and that you should feel the love.
...that I am doing this for "fun" and it should be taken in that spirit. That also goes for my fucked-up opinions, my crude language, my misogyny, misanthropy and xenophobia. But I am not racist. So lighten up.
...that my name really is Peter and that I really am in France I mean New Zealand and that even though I am far from home and loved ones in a strange land and starving for any kind of human contact - or at least virtual contact - I will never, ever fish for comments. Nope, won't catch me doing that. If you wanna leave one, that's fine. It's totally up to you!
...that I will never tell you I love you if I don't.

4 comments:

Nathan Nothin said...

All right, you shamed & cajoled me into leaving a comment (come on, you used the L word in your final promise). Happy now?

Man, what a list of promises.

I try to rip everything to at least 256kbps & you're always postin' at 320 & I'm already jealous & then you call it "a decent bit rate" in your second promise.

I'd be lucky to be able to promise to post at least once in a while with something slightly interesting that probably contains no truly deadly virus or trojan...I think you've set the bar impossibly high...

All I can say is...keep up the great effort & THANKS!!!

Lo-Res Viscera said...

Awesome fucking post, Peter, and yeah, I too believe in the power of MP3 ID3 tags!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post!

Words to live by, indeed!!

Yours with respect

Big Ern xxx

A Devil with Unity said...

Thank you for these promises. I think the password is to avoid the heuristic scans. The spiders for the record companies aren't built to hack through the encryption.

Anyway, thank you for the music as well.