Monday, July 7, 2008

Ed Gein's Car - "Making Dick Dance" (1985), plus 2 singles

Traveling up the Jersey Turnpike about 90 miles, we have NYC's Ed Gein's Car. Again, like Decontrol (below), this is just no-bullshit rock 'n' roll, New York-style. Lots of wit here, with the hilarious "Go Down On My Dog", about a skinhead dog, and "Annette", about the ex-Mousketeer and Skippy-slinger ("You talk to me about protein, I got some protein for ya right here, Annette") Annette Funicello. But my favorite is the straight-up narrative "Boo Fuckin' Hoo", about Bernhard Goetz (the "Subway Shooter", who took down a bunch of black kids he feared were robbing him. Yeah, it was never quite...clear).

Tracks:
01. Bars and Brick
02. Go Down On My Dog
03. Kiss Daddy Goodnight
04. Annette
05. Boo Fuckin' Hoo
06. Progress
07. A Girl Just Like You
08. Selby
09. R.A.P.E.
10. Cream of Wheat
11. Middle (R)age
12. Die Like You Really Mean It
13. Making Dick Dance

Get the vinyl rip - re-upped 7/24/11 - HERE

"Brain Dead Baby" was a 3-track 7" that preceded the album, in 1984.

Tracks:
01. Brain Dead Baby
02. Too Old To Die Young
03. Wait 'til Your Father Gets Home

Get it HERE
And finally, their last release from 1989. Not sure if this was recorded around then or dug up and released posthumously. I know the singer went on to Prong or someone like that (sorry, too lazy to look it up right now...) Anyway, it's classic EGC all the way.

Tracks:
01. Naked Man
02. Consider Being True

All three vinyl rips are @ 320kps. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Chris said...

Great post. I never knew what Boo Fuckin' Hoo was about before. I love this band. Thanks for the linkage.

Colon The Librarian said...

thanks for the singles never heard them before.i,ve got the live lp up on my blog if you need it and thanx to chris(above)who directed me to your cool blog...

e-bone said...

awesome post! used to love this stuff! my roomates in the 80's had a pen-pal relationship with drummer Fred Argenziano. He was the coolest.

Anonymous said...

LOVED EGC back in the day! Saw them a million times, I was planning on ripped the vinyl at some point but you saved me the trouble. Thanks & keep up the great work!

Honquijote said...

Thanks a lot for an excellent post! :-D
However, the link to "Naked Man" has been removed. :-(

Peter said...

"Naked Man" 45 is re-upped:
http://www.mediafire.com/?52cawohe5ep37xn
--P

Honquijote said...

Thanks a lot, Peter! :-D

Anonymous said...

Can you re-up the first two as well please.

Peter said...

All links are now re-upped to Mediafire and working!